Business Development Consultant
Are you looking for a business development role in the technology consultancy sector?
Protokol are seeking a passionate and motivated business development consultant to help scale our business development efforts across two key territories (Netherlands and UK). Working alongside our commercial director and the business leadership team, you’ll be responsible for driving new businesses by securing contracts for Protokol’s professional services and solutions, from digital transformation advisory, to blockchain consulting agreements, to custom solutions and more.
This role would suit a candidate from a technology sales background or similar, looking to be a key player within a rapidly growing start-up, in an exciting new industry. It would also suit an ambitious and determined individual seeking the opportunity to grow, learn and progress their career with Protokol as we scale.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Identify, qualify and generate sales leads and new business opportunities utilising various methods.
- Create and manage a multi-territory pipeline to ensure monthly and annual targets are met consistently.
- Facilitate and attend client meetings and calls to generate new business as well as securing upsells from existing accounts.
- Analyse potential customer needs and provide customers with consultative, strategic advice and solutions proposals.
- Engage with decision making units of potential clients and proactively present Protokol solutions relevant to their needs.
- Produce written proposals of a high standard that make a compelling case for a prospective client to procure a solution from Protokol.
- Define and execute new business sales campaigns. Integrate personal sales efforts with organised marketing activities, e.g. solution launches, targeted campaigns and exhibitions.
- Follow up on customer enquiries and inbound enquiries to secure new business opportunities.
- Work closely with departments such as marketing, commercial, and the senior leadership in order to support marketing campaigns and drive new business for Protokol.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Protokol’s roadmap through identification of customer requirements to facilitate the development of services and solutions.
- Provide input on potential new income streams and implement processes to help achieve targets
- You will be experienced in B2B selling and will have a demonstrable history of achieving sales targets
- You’ll have expertise in selling to corporate clients and experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder sales cycles within large organisations.
- You can quickly understand customers’ needs and find opportunities to solve their problems using our solutions to maximise value to the customer
- You will be able to prospect, create and develop large value opportunities and close to win with a compelling conversion.
- You’ll have previous experience of selling enterprise technology, cloud-based solutions, SaaS or similar.
- You’ll have a willingness to learn about blockchain technology, specifically its applications for the enterprise space.
- You are hard-working and resilient, committed to working both independently and as part of a wider team
- You’re trustworthy with high integrity. You’ll be fair, honest and always take responsibility.
- You’ll have a willingness to travel to customers, conferences and team meetings as and when necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B sales / business development
- 3+ years’ experience of selling enterprise technology, cloud-based solutions, or similar
- Experience in consulting would be an advantage
- Knowledge of digital transformation or blockchain technology would be an advantage
- Strong sales skills, commercial acumen & a great presenter.
- Highly numerate & articulate with excellent communication skills.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written Dutch and English.
- Based in Netherlands (in order to be able to travel to client meetings)
- Ability to take the initiative & work under pressure as well as a passion for driving measurable results.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Want to understand what we have to offer? As well as an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing and innovative company on the cutting-edge of an exciting new industry, you’ll also benefit from…
- Remote working (with flexibility on working hours), allowing you to balance your life and career to enjoy both to the fullest. We’re accommodating of people’s needs. We DO NOT believe in time keeping and logging hours.
- Competitive salary and rewarding commission scheme
- Flexible vacation time including 20 days holiday allowance plus national holidays.
- Company pension scheme
- Potential to join Employee Stock Option Plan
- Strong Vision, Mission, Values and Leadership as well as a strong focus on our people.
- Flexible career development opportunities and opportunity for advancement into leadership as we grow
- Work alongside talented and motivated colleagues, in a fast-growing and innovative company
Please submit your application using the form below. Closing date for applications is January 15th 2021.
Please submit your contact details and resume below